Monday 7 March 2011

In what ways does my media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

When I started my grime magazine I knew I wouldnt be able to fully follow the codes and conventions of a music magazine because I had trouble doing my researching due to the fact there were no grime magazines I could find so I had to use hip hop and rap magazines as my research as it is a similar genre. So I used a magazine called Source as my template but as this was a brand new genre to make a magazine for I used my iniatitive and challenged the conventions of using black white and red by using black white and dark orange and i used dark orange because that is from the grime daily website which is the main source to grime music so therefore would catch grime fans eyes.

I also used a mid shot photo and placed it into the same position as the one shown on the source magazine above, but to develop this convention I inserted more captions around my one so it would look like theres more to expect from my magazine, additionally i followed  and developed the convention of writing a main eye catching question at the top of the magazine by doing a rhetorical question under the title but also adding small captions at the top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment