Monday 7 March 2011

What have I learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

From my magazine I have learnt how to use InDesign much better than when I made my school magazine, I used photoshop only to crop pictures but everything else in InDesign. In my front cover I was able to change colors of the text to make certain parts stand out I also learnt how to rotate text at angles. In my contents I put pictures behind the text which was something I didnt know how to do but learnt due to the help of Jamie. Finally in my double page spread I learnt how to bend the text around the image in order to make it more interesting and different than some double page spreads in music magazines, therefore I challenged the codes and conventions.
I approached InDesign not knowing where to start but I learnt from my school magazine what I should do first, so first I did the background with a gradient which set the mood then I did the title which reflected the background after that I got the mid shot photo of Melodi so then I could see exactly how much space I have to fill in with anything I want, which helped me construct my time well. Overally I think I have improved tremendously since my school magazine because of my use with InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment